Best decisions in life:
- Traveling. I cannot emphasize my happiness and sense of fulfillment spending enough time, energy and money for traveling. It is always a beautiful moment to discover and experience a new place, cuisine, and people. Going around Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, France last year was the best!
- Mindful Eating. Next to traveling, eating consciously is the best decision I’ve ever made in my life. Needless to say, more than weight management, being mindful with what I eat helps me continuously strengthen my immune system and minimize health issues.
- Giving up Beer. It’s not really a decision I made, but a circumstance – one night, I just couldn’t drink the tap beer in front of me. I can’t take the smell, more so the taste. Then I decided not to figure out what’s happening and just completely give up beer. It helped me manage my weight, saved me some cash too. Haven’t had beer since December 2014.
- Joining a gym. I can’t believe I will say this, but doing physical exercise on a daily basis helped me prepare and manage so many things about aging. (Aging!!) Running clears my mind, practicing yoga sets my focus. I probably wouldn’t have recovered smoothly from my major operation last March 2015 had I not been physically active. Amazing.
- Joining my current work. Though initially it felt joining this company was a mistake, it proved otherwise as years progressed. I’ve gained life long friends (who are not part of the company anymore), experienced so many interesting projects, worked with the best colleagues, and essentially, built a career I truly value.
- Spending time with people who matters. I will always be thankful for the opportunities to hangout and get to know my family more, specially my parents. I will never, ever, regret choosing to hangout with them over anything else. It is such a blessing (uy, hashtag blessed!) to get to know them as a person, not just as parents. Same with my friends. I will always have time for friends I decide to keep in my life. Hanging out with them is always an opportunity to get to know and appreciate them more. Life long friends are the best!